- The 2015-2017 Baruch MFE Employment Report contains full-time and internship numbers aggregated over the last three years, and including details on employers, job functions, job industry.
- The Baruch MFE Program offers VBA/Python/SQL Online Certificates as part of the Pre-MFE Program; more information can be found here
- A Baruch MFE Information Session with emphasis on the Pre-MFE seminars beginning in October 2017, will take place on Monday, May 1, at 6pm. Register here
- The Baruch MFE team won the 2017 Rotman International Trading Competition (RITC) that took place at University of Toronto and included 52 academic institutions from four continents, after the record-breaking win from 2016, winning the competition in 2012 and placing 3rd in 2011, 3rd in 2013, and 4th in 2014.
- As of February 6, 2017, 30 of 31 December 2016 Baruch MFE graduates received offers from financial companies primarily from the New York area; details here
First Year Guaranteed Compensation: High: 210K; Low: 85K; Average: 126K; Median: 110K
Employers (by type): Investment Banks 57%; Hedge Funds 27%; FinTech 7%; Consulting 7%; Rating 3%
Employers (selected): BNP Paribas, Citadel, Citigroup, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, EY, Highbridge Capital, JP Morgan, Morgan Stanley
- The Baruch MFE Program was ranked Number 1 in the Quantnet 2017 Ranking of Best Financial Engineering Programs
- The registration for the Pre-MFE Seminars is now open.The Financial Engineering Program at Baruch College offers a Pre-MFE Program for people interested in pursuing graduate studies in financial engineering and for finance practitioners interested in studying the mathematical fundamentals behind financial models.
- Numerical Linear Algebra for Financial Engineering, February-March 2017, on-site; syllabus
- Advanced Calculus with Financial Engineering Applications, February-March 2017, on-site; syllabus
- Probability Theory for Financial Application , February-March 2017, on-site; syllabus
- C++ Programming for Financial Engineering, online
Enrollment in each on-site seminar is limited to 40 people. Registration information, including syllabi for the 2016-2017 Pre-MFE seminars, can be found here. Feedback from Pre-MFE seminars participants in previous years can be found here.
- The Baruch MFE team won the 5th IAQF Student Competition, the second year in a row our students win the competition.
- The Baruch MFE team won the 2016 Rotman International Trading Competition (out of 52 teams) in record breaking fashion, after winning the competition in 2012 and placing 3rd in 2011, 3rd in 2013, and 4th in 2014.
- Song Wang (Baruch MFE’16) won the Solve-a-thon at MIT trading competition organized by WorldQuant and a $10,000 money prize; 700 traders worldwide participated in the competition.
- Ms. Mingqiu (Michelle) Tang has been named Recruiting Coordinator for Asia for the Baruch MFE Program. Michelle has been the driving force between our special relationship with the National School of Development from Peking University, including, among others, visits by our faculty to NSD, courses taught there, and a Baruch MFE summer camp for NSD students.
Three semesters; admission for Fall semester only
Round 1: November 15, 2016
Round 2: January 15, 2017
Round 3: February 15, 2017
Round 4: April 1, 2017
Employment Statistics December 2015 – May 2016
Placement Rate: 28 of 29
Starting Salary: High 195K; Low 85K; Median 110K; Average 121K